We follow the country’s top colleges and universities offering degrees in energy studies for interesting insight and information about innovation and tech transfer from academia to the marketplace. Some of these programs regularly update with blog posts — and all explain details of their programs, of course.
We break down our assessments by energy sector and will occasionally share the programs we hold in high regard. Atop our list for the study of renewable energy are:
- CU Business School of Global Energy Management
- Oregon Institute of Technology: The Oregon Institute of Technology developed the country’s first four-year undergraduate degree program in renewable-energy systems.
- University of California Berkeley
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Michigan
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- North Carolina State University
- San Juan College
- Ecotech Institute
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
We also like to understand how our country is fostering the development of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) skills needed to develop energy and promote innovation in our industry. The U.S. Department of Energy has many programs, internships, scholarships and research fellowships designed to train new generations of professionals. For more information, <LINK http://www.energy.gov/diversity/services/stem-education >visit the DOE online</A>.
Ensight Energy is a Denver-based consulting firm providing project management and technical advisory solutions to the power, energy and renewable-energy industries. Contact us for support of your needs with technical due diligence during all phases of your project’s development. Our executives also enjoy meeting with students hoping to enter the energy field and welcome invitations to appear on a campus near you.